Master Subscription AgreementTO ACQUIRE AND USE OUR SERVICES, INCLUDING FREE TRIALS, YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. TELL US YOU AGREE BY CLICKING A BOX INDICATING YOUR ACCEPTANCE OR EXECUTING AN ORDER FORM REFERENCING THIS AGREEMENT.
IF YOU ARE ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT ON BEHALF OF A COMPANY OR ANOTHER PARTY, BY CLICKING THE BOX OR EXECUTING THE ORDER, YOU ARE REPRESENTING TO US THAT YOU HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO BIND SUCH COMPANY OR OTHER PARTY, IN WHICH CASE THE REFERENCES IN THESE TERMS TO “YOU” OR “YOUR” SHALL REFER TO SUCH COMPANY OR OTHER PARTY. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE SUCH AUTHORITY TO BIND THE COMPANY OR OTHER PARTY, OR IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MUST NOT ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT AND MAY NOT USE THE SERVICES.
You may not access the Services if You are Our direct competitor, except with Our prior written consent. In addition, without Our prior written consent, You may not access the Services for purposes of monitoring their availability, performance or functionality, or for any other benchmarking or competitive purposes.
This Agreement was last updated on April 1, 2014. We may make changes to these terms and conditions in the future and, if we do, (i) we will give you notice either by posting the new terms at www.conceptshare.com or by other means, including email and (ii) your continued use of the Service will be subject to such modified terms and conditions.
2. Free Trial
3. Our Responsibilities
4. Use of the Services
5. Non-ConceptShare.com Providers
6. Fees and Payment for Purchased Services
7. Proprietary Rights and Licenses
9. Representations, Warranties, Exclusive Remedies and Disclaimers
10. Mutual Indemnification
11. Limitation of Liability
12. Term and Termination
13. Notices, Governing Law and Jurisdiction
14. General Provisions
1. DEFINITIONS“Affiliate” means any entity that directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the subject entity. “Control,” for purposes of this definition, means direct or indirect ownership or control of more than 50% of the voting interests of the subject entity.
“Agreement” means this Master Subscription Agreement.
“Beta Services” means Our services that are not generally available to Customers.
“Documentation” means Our online user guides, documentation, and help and training materials, as updated from time to time.
“Malicious Code” means code, files, scripts, agents or programs intended to do harm, including, for example, viruses, worms, time bombs and Trojan horses.
“Non-ConceptShare.com Applications” means a Web-based or offline software application that is provided by You or a third party and interoperates with a Service, including, for example, an application that is developed by or for You.
“Order Form” means an ordering document specifying the Services to be provided hereunder that is entered into between You and Us, including any addenda and supplements thereto. By entering into an Order Form hereunder, an Affiliate agrees to be bound by the terms of this Agreement as if it were an original party hereto.
“Purchased Services” means Services that You or Your Affiliate purchase under an Order Form, as distinguished from those provided pursuant to a free trial.
“Services” means the products and services that are ordered by You under a free trial or an Order Form and made available online by Us, including associated offline components, as described in the Documentation. “Services” exclude Non-ConceptShare.com Applications.
“User” means an individual who is authorized by You to use a Service, for whom You have ordered the Service, and to whom You (or We at Your request) have provided access. Users may include, for example, Your employees, consultants, contractors and agents, and third parties with which You transact business.
“We,” “Us” or “Our” means ConceptShare Inc.
“You” or “Your” means the company or other legal entity for which you are accepting this Agreement, and Affiliates of that company or entity.
“Your Data” means electronic data and information submitted by or for You to the Purchased Services or collected and processed by or for You using the Purchased Services, excluding Non-ConceptShare.com Applications.
2. FREE TRIALIf You register on our website for a free trial, your ability to access and use the Service will end at the end of the free trial period unless you purchase a subscription to the Service prior to the expiry date.
ANY DATA YOU ENTER INTO THE SERVICES, AND ANY CUSTOMIZATIONS MADE TO THE SERVICES DURING YOUR FREE TRIAL WILL BE PERMANENTLY DELETED FROM THE SERVICE UNLESS YOU PURCHASE A SUBSCRIPTION TO THE SAME SERVICES AS THOSE COVERED BY THE TRIAL OR PURCHASE UPGRADED SERVICES BEFORE THE END OF THE TRIAL PERIOD.
DURING THE FREE TRIAL THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS-IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY. THIS MEANS THE REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES SET OUT IN SECTION 9 DO NOT APPLY.
3. OUR RESPONSIBILITIES3.1. Provision of Purchased Services. We will (a) make the Services available to You pursuant to this Agreement and the applicable Order Forms, (b) provide Our standard support for the Purchased Services to You at no additional charge, or upgraded support if you pay us an additional fee, and (c) use commercially reasonable efforts to make the online Purchased Services available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, except for: (i) planned downtime (but we will try to give you at least 8 hours electronic notice and to schedule this downtime during the weekend hours i.e. 6:00 p.m. Friday to 5:00 a.m. Monday Eastern Standard time), and (ii) any unavailability caused by circumstances beyond Our reasonable control i.e. act of God or government, flood, fire, earthquake, civil unrest, act of terror, strike or other labor problem (other than one involving Our employees), Internet service provider failure or delay, Non-ConceptShare Application failures, or denial of service attack.
3.2. Our Policies. We will maintain and publish Our policies regarding Our Service levels (i.e. up-time), data protection, personal data privacy, data ownership and usage and other subject matter. We will occasionally modify and update these policies and, when we do, we will post the new policies in the Service and/or email You a copy. Once published by Us, the updated policy will be effective and become Our policy relative to its subject matter, replacing and superseding the old policy. These policies, as updated from time to time, are hereby incorporated and form part of this subscription agreement. It is Your responsibility to stay current and on-side all Our policies.
4. USE OF SERVICES4.1 Subscriptions. Services are purchased as subscriptions. Additional subscriptions may be added during a subscription term at the same pricing as the underlying subscription pricing, prorated for the portion of that subscription term remaining at the time the subscriptions are added and any added subscriptions will terminate on the same date as the underlying subscriptions.
4.2 Data and Usage Limits. Services are subject to data and usage limits. Unless otherwise specified in an Order Form, (a) usage quantity refers to Users, and the Service may not be accessed by more than that number of Users, (b) a User’s password may not be shared with any other individual, and (c) a User identification may be reassigned to a new individual replacing one who no longer requires ongoing use of the Service. If You exceed a contractual data or usage limit, You must execute an Order Form for additional quantities of the applicable Services promptly upon Our request and pay any invoice for excess data and usage in accordance with Section 6.2 (Invoicing and Payment).
4.3 Your Responsibilities. You shall (a) be responsible for Users’ compliance with this Agreement, (b) be responsible for the accuracy, quality and legality of Your Data and the means by which You acquired Your Data, (c) use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized access to or use of Services, and notify Us promptly of any such unauthorized access or use, (d) use Services only in accordance with the Documentation, applicable laws and government regulations, and (e) comply with terms of service of Non-ConceptShare.com Applications with which You use Services.
4.4 Usage Restrictions. You will not (a) make any Service available to, or use any Service for the benefit of, anyone other than You or Users, (b) sell, resell, license, sublicense, distribute, rent or lease any Service, or include any Service in a service bureau or outsourcing offering, (c) use a Service to store or transmit infringing, libelous, or otherwise unlawful or tortious material, or to store or transmit material in violation of third-party privacy rights, (d) use a Service to store or transmit Malicious Code, (e) interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of any Service or third-party data contained therein, (f) attempt to gain unauthorized access to any Service or its related systems or networks, (g) permit direct or indirect access to or use of any Service in a way that circumvents a contractual usage limit, (h) copy a Service or any part, feature, function or user interface thereof, (i) frame or mirror any part of any Service , other than framing on Your own intranets or otherwise for Your own internal business purposes or as permitted in the Documentation, (j) access any Service in order to build a competitive product or service, or (k) reverse engineer any Service (to the extent such restriction is permitted by law) or (k) use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, “robots,” “spiders,” “offline readers,” etc., that accesses the Service in a manner that sends more request messages to the Service servers than a human can reasonably produce in the same period of time by using a conventional on-line web browser.
4.5. Removal of Non-ConceptShare.com Applications. If We receive information that a Non-ConceptShare.com Application used with the Service by You may violate applicable law or third-party rights, We may so notify You and in such event You will promptly disable such Non-ConceptShare.com Application or modify the Non-ConceptShare.com Application to resolve the potential violation. If You do not take required action in accordance with the above, We may disable the applicable Service and/or Non-ConceptShare.com Application until the potential violation is resolved.
5. NON-CONCEPTSHARE.COM PROVIDERS5.1. Acquisition of Non-ConceptShare.com Products and Services. We or third parties may make available third-party products or services, including, for example, Non-ConceptShare.com Applications and implementation and other consulting services. Any acquisition by You of such non-ConceptShare.com products or services, and any exchange of data between You and any non-ConceptShare.com provider, is solely between You and the applicable non-ConceptShare.com provider. We do not warrant or support Non-ConceptShare.com Applications or other non-ConceptShare.com products or services, whether or not they are designated by Us as “certified” or otherwise, except as specified in an Order Form.
5.2. Non-ConceptShare.com Applications and Your Data. If You install or enable a Non-ConceptShare.com Application for use with a Service, You grant Us permission to allow the provider of that Non-ConceptShare.com Application to access Your Data as required for the interoperation of that Non-ConceptShare.com Application with the Service. We are not responsible for any disclosure, modification or deletion of Your Data resulting from access by a Non-ConceptShare.com Application.
5.3. Integration with Non-ConceptShare.com Applications. The Services may contain features designed to interoperate with Non-ConceptShare.com Applications. To use such features, You may be required to obtain access to Non-ConceptShare.com Applications from their providers, and may be required to grant Us access to Your account(s) on the Non-ConceptShare.com Applications. If the provider of a Non-ConceptShare.com Application ceases to make the Non-ConceptShare.com Application available for interoperation with the corresponding Service features on reasonable terms, We may cease providing those Service features without entitling You to any refund, credit, or other compensation.
6. FEES AND PAYMENT FOR PURCHASED SERVICES6.1. Fees. You will pay all fees specified in Order Forms and otherwise owing in respect of your use of Our Services. Except as otherwise specified herein or in an Order Form, (i) payment obligations are non-cancelable and fees paid are non-refundable, and (ii) quantities purchased cannot be decreased during the relevant subscription term.
6.2. Invoicing and Payment. You will provide Us with valid and updated credit card information, or with a valid purchase order or alternative document reasonably acceptable to Us. If You provide credit card information to Us, You authorize Us to charge such credit card for all Purchased Services listed in the Order Form for the initial subscription term and any renewal subscription term(s) as set forth in Section 12.2 (Term of Purchased Subscriptions). Such charges shall be made in advance, either annually or in accordance with any different billing frequency stated in the applicable Order Form. If the Order Form specifies that payment will be by a method other than a credit card, We will invoice You in advance and otherwise in accordance with the relevant Order Form. Unless otherwise stated in the Order Form, invoiced charges are due net 30 days from the invoice date. You are responsible for providing complete and accurate billing and contact information to Us and notifying Us of any changes to such information.
6.3. Overdue Charges. If any invoiced amount is not received by Us by the due date, then without limiting Our rights or remedies, (a) those charges may accrue late interest at the rate of 1.5% of the outstanding balance per month, or the maximum rate permitted by law, whichever is lower, and/or (b) We may condition future subscription renewals and Order Forms on payment terms shorter than those specified in Section 6.2 (Invoicing and Payment).
6.4. Suspension of Service and Acceleration. If any amount owing by You under this or any other agreement for Our services is 30 or more days overdue (or 10 or more days overdue in the case of amounts You have authorized Us to charge to Your credit card), We may, without limiting Our other rights and remedies, accelerate Your unpaid fee obligations under such agreements so that all such obligations become immediately due and payable, and suspend Our services to You until such amounts are paid in full. We will give You at least 7 days’ prior notice that Your account is overdue, in accordance with Section 13.2 (Manner of Giving Notice), before suspending services to You.
6.5. Payment Disputes. We will not exercise Our rights under Section 6.3 (Overdue Charges) or 6.4 (Suspension of Service and Acceleration) above if You are disputing the applicable charges reasonably and in good faith and are cooperating diligently to resolve the dispute.
6.6. Taxes. Our fees do not include any taxes, levies, duties or similar governmental assessments of any nature, including, for example, value-added, sales, use or withholding taxes, assessable by any jurisdiction whatsoever (collectively, “Taxes”). You are responsible for paying all Taxes associated with Your purchases hereunder. If We have the legal obligation to pay or collect Taxes for which You are responsible under this Section 6.6, We will invoice You and You will pay that amount unless You provide Us with a valid tax exemption certificate authorized by the appropriate taxing authority. For clarity, We are solely responsible for taxes assessable against Us based on Our income, property and employees.
6.7. Future Functionality. You agree that Your purchases are not contingent on the delivery of any future functionality or features, or dependent on any oral or written statement (with the exception of written statements set out in Order Forms) made by Us regarding future functionality or features.
7. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS AND LICENSES7.1. Reservation of Rights. Subject to the limited rights expressly granted hereunder, We and Our licensors reserve all of Our/their right, title and interest in and to the Services, including all of Our/their related intellectual property rights. No rights are granted to You hereunder other than as expressly set forth herein.
7.2. License by You to Host Your Data and Applications. You grant Us a worldwide, limited- term license to host, copy, transmit and display Your Data, and any Non-ConceptShare.com Applications and program code created by or for You using a Service, as necessary for Us to provide the Services in accordance with this Agreement. Subject to the limited licenses granted herein, We acquire no right, title or interest from You or Your licensors under this Agreement in or to Your Data or to any Non-ConceptShare.com Application or program code.
7.3. License by You to Use Feedback. You grant to Us a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free license to use and incorporate into the Services any suggestion, enhancement request, recommendation, correction or other feedback provided by You or Users relating to the operation of the Services.
8. CONFIDENTIALITY8.1. Definition of Confidential Information. “Confidential Information” means all information disclosed by a party (“Disclosing Party”) to the other party (“Receiving Party”), whether orally or in writing, that is designated as confidential or that reasonably should be understood to be confidential given the nature of the information and the circumstances of disclosure. Your Confidential Information includes Your Data; Our Confidential Information includes the Services; and Confidential Information of each party includes the terms and conditions of this Agreement and all Order Forms (including pricing), as well as business and marketing plans, technology and technical information, product plans and designs, and business processes disclosed by such party. However, Confidential Information does not include any information that (i) is or becomes generally known to the public without breach of any obligation owed to the Disclosing Party, (ii) was known to the Receiving Party prior to its disclosure by the Disclosing Party without breach of any obligation owed to the Disclosing Party, (iii) is received from a third party without breach of any obligation owed to the Disclosing Party, or (iv) was independently developed by the Receiving Party.
8.2. Protection of Confidential Information. The Receiving Party will use the same degree of care that it uses to protect the confidentiality of its own confidential information of like kind (but not less than reasonable care) (i) not to use any Confidential Information of the Disclosing Party for any purpose outside the scope of this Agreement, and (ii) except as otherwise authorized by the Disclosing Party in writing, to limit access to Confidential Information of the Disclosing Party to those of its and its Affiliates’ employees and contractors who need that access for purposes consistent with this Agreement and who have signed confidentiality agreements with the Receiving Party containing protections no less stringent than those herein. Neither party will disclose the terms of this Agreement or any Order Form to any third party other than its Affiliates, legal counsel and accountants without the other party’s prior written consent, provided that a party that makes any such disclosure to its Affiliate, legal counsel or accountants will remain responsible for such Affiliate’s, legal counsel’s or accountant’s compliance with this Section 8.2.
8.3. Compelled Disclosure. The Receiving Party may disclose Confidential Information of the Disclosing Party to the extent compelled by law to do so, provided the Receiving Party gives the Disclosing Party prior notice of the compelled disclosure (to the extent legally permitted) and reasonable assistance, at the Disclosing Party’s cost, if the Disclosing Party wishes to contest the disclosure. If the Receiving Party is compelled by law to disclose the Disclosing Party’s Confidential Information as part of a civil proceeding to which the Disclosing Party is a party, and the Disclosing Party is not contesting the disclosure, the Disclosing Party will reimburse the Receiving Party for its reasonable cost of compiling and providing secure access to that Confidential Information.
9. REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES AND DISCLAIMERS9.1. Representations. Each party represents that it has validly entered into this Agreement and has the legal power to do so.
9.2. Our Warranties. We warrant that (a) this Agreement, the Order Forms and the Documentation accurately describe the applicable administrative, physical, and technical safeguards for protection of the security, confidentiality and integrity of Your Data, (b) We will not materially decrease the overall security of the Purchased Services during a subscription term, (c) the Purchased Services will perform materially in accordance with the applicable Documentation, (d) subject to Section 5.3 (Integration with Non-ConceptShare.com Applications), We will not materially decrease the functionality of the Purchased Services during a subscription term, and (e) the Purchased Services will not introduce Malicious Code into Your systems. For any breach of an above warranty, Your exclusive remedies are those described in Sections 12.3 (Termination) and 12.4 (Refund or Payment upon Termination).
9.3. Disclaimers. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN, NEITHER PARTY MAKES ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, AND EACH PARTY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. BETA SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” EXCLUSIVE OF ANY WARRANTY WHATSOEVER. EACH PARTY DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION OBLIGATIONS FOR ANY HARM OR DAMAGES CAUSED BY ANY THIRD-PARTY HOSTING PROVIDERS.
10. MUTUAL INDEMNIFICATION10.1. Indemnification by Us. We will defend You against any claim, demand, suit or proceeding made or brought against You by a third party alleging that the use of a Purchased Service in accordance with this Agreement infringes or misappropriates such third party’s intellectual property rights (a “Claim Against You”), and will indemnify You from any damages, attorney fees and costs finally awarded against You as a result of, or for amounts paid by You under a court-approved settlement of, a Claim Against You, provided You (a) promptly give Us written notice of the Claim Against You, (b) give Us sole control of the defense and settlement of the Claim Against You (except that We may not settle any Claim Against You unless it unconditionally releases You of all liability), and (c) give Us all reasonable assistance, at Our expense. If We receive information about an infringement or misappropriation claim related to a Service, We may in Our discretion and at no cost to You (i) modify the Service so that it no longer infringes or misappropriates, without breaching Our warranties under Section 9.2 (Our Warranties), (ii) obtain a license for Your continued use of that Service in accordance with this Agreement, or (iii) terminate Your subscriptions for that Service upon 30 days’ written notice and refund You any prepaid fees covering the remainder of the term of the terminated subscriptions. The above defense and indemnification obligations do not apply to the extent a Claim Against You arises from a Non-ConceptShare.com Application or Your breach of this Agreement.
10.2. Indemnification by You. You will defend Us against any claim, demand, suit or proceeding made or brought against Us by a third party alleging that Your Data, or Your use of any Service in breach of this Agreement, infringes or misappropriates such third party’s intellectual property rights or violates applicable law (a “Claim Against Us”), and will indemnify Us from any damages, attorney fees and costs finally awarded against Us as a result of, or for any amounts paid by Us under a court-approved settlement of, a Claim Against Us, provided We (a) promptly give You written notice of the Claim Against Us, (b) give You sole control of the defense and settlement of the Claim Against Us (except that You may not settle any Claim Against Us unless it unconditionally releases Us of all liability), and (c) give You all reasonable assistance, at Your expense.
10.3. Exclusive Remedy. This Section 10 states the indemnifying party’s sole liability to, and the indemnified party’s exclusive remedy against, the other party for any type of claim described in this Section 10.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY11.1 Limitation of Liability. NEITHER PARTY’S LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO ANY SINGLE INCIDENT ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT WILL EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY CUSTOMER HEREUNDER IN THE 12 MONTHS PRECEDING THE INCIDENT, PROVIDED THAT IN NO EVENT WILL EITHER PARTY’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY CUSTOMER HEREUNDER. THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY WHETHER AN ACTION IS IN CONTRACT OR TORT AND REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY. HOWEVER, THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS WILL NOT LIMIT CUSTOMER’S PAYMENT OBLIGATIONS UNDER SECTION 6 (FEES AND PAYMENT FOR PURCHASED SERVICES).
11.2. Exclusion of Consequential and Related Damages. IN NO EVENT WILL EITHER PARTY HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO THE OTHER PARTY FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, REVENUES OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, COVER OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, WHETHER AN ACTION IS IN CONTRACT OR TORT AND REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY, EVEN IF A PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMER WILL NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW.
12. TERM AND TERMINATION12.1 Term of Agreement. This Agreement commences on the date You first accept it and continues until all subscriptions free trial or purchased subscriptions to the Service hereunder have expired or have been terminated.
12.2. Term of Purchased Subscriptions. The term of each subscription shall be as specified in the applicable Order Form. Except as otherwise specified in an Order Form, subscriptions will automatically renew for additional periods equal to the expiring subscription term or one year (whichever is shorter), unless either party gives the other notice of non-renewal at least 30 days before the end of the relevant subscription term. The pricing during any automatic renewal term will be the same as that during the immediately prior term unless We have given You written notice of a pricing increase at least 60 days before the end of that prior term, in which case the pricing increase will be effective upon renewal and thereafter.
12.3. Termination. A party may terminate this Agreement for cause (i) upon 30 days written notice to the other party of a material breach if such breach remains uncured at the expiration of such period, or (ii) if the other party becomes the subject of a petition in bankruptcy or any other proceeding relating to insolvency, receivership, liquidation or assignment for the benefit of creditors.
12.4. Refund or Payment upon Termination. If this Agreement is terminated by You in accordance with Section 12.3 (Termination), We will refund You any prepaid fees covering the remainder of the term of all Order Forms after the effective date of termination. If this Agreement is terminated by Us in accordance with Section 12.3, You will pay any unpaid fees covering the remainder of the term of all Order Forms. In no event will termination relieve You of Your obligation to pay any fees payable to Us prior to the effective date of termination.
12.5. Your Data Portability and Deletion. Upon request by You made no later than 90 days after the effective date of termination or expiration of this Agreement, We will make the Your Data available to You for Your export or download as provided in the Documentation. After that 90-day period, We will have no obligation to maintain or provide Your Data, and will delete or destroy all copies of Your Data in Our systems or otherwise in Our possession or control as provided in the Documentation, unless legally prohibited.
12.6. Surviving Provisions. Sections 6 (Fees and Payment for Purchased Services), 7 (Proprietary Rights and Licenses), 8 (Confidentiality), 9.3 (Disclaimers), 10 (Mutual Indemnification), 11 (Limitation of Liability), 12.4 (Refund or Payment upon Termination), 12.5 (Your Data Portability and Deletion), 13 (Notices, Governing Law and Jurisdiction) and 14 (General Provisions) will survive any termination or expiration of this Agreement.
13. NOTICES, GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION13.1. General. Notices to Us should be addressed to Concept Share, Inc., 130 Slater Street, Suite 1250, Ottawa, Ontario K1P 6E2, Canada, Attn: CEO. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada. The courts in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any such lawsuit arising between the parties.
13.2. Manner of Giving Notice. Except as otherwise specified in this Agreement, all notices, permissions and approvals hereunder shall be in writing and shall be deemed to have been given upon: (i) personal delivery, (ii) the second business day after mailing, (iii) the second business day after sending by confirmed facsimile, or (iv) the first business day after sending by email (provided email shall not be sufficient for notices of termination or an indemnifiable claim). Billing-related notices to You shall be addressed to the relevant billing contact designated by You. All other notices to You shall be addressed to the relevant Services system administrator designated by You.
13.3. Agreement to Governing Law and Jurisdiction. Each party agrees to the applicable governing law above without regard to choice or conflicts of law rules, and to the exclusive jurisdiction of the applicable courts above.
14. GENERAL PROVISIONS14.1. Export Compliance. The Services, other technology We make available, and derivatives thereof may be subject to export laws and regulations of Canada, the United States and other jurisdictions. Each party represents that it is not named on any U.S. government denied-party list. You shall not permit Users to access or use any Service in a U.S.-embargoed country (currently Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan or Syria) or in violation of any U.S. export law or regulation.
14.2. Anti-Corruption. You have not received or been offered any illegal or improper bribe, kickback, payment, gift, or thing of value from any of Our employees or agents in connection with this Agreement. Reasonable gifts and entertainment provided in the ordinary course of business do not violate the above restriction. If You learn of any violation of the above restriction, You will use reasonable efforts to promptly notify Us of same.
14.3 Entire Agreement and Order of Precedence. This Agreement is the entire agreement between You and Us regarding Your use of Services and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous agreements, proposals or representations, written or oral, concerning its subject matter. No modification, amendment, or waiver of any provision of this Agreement will be effective unless in writing and signed by the party against whom the modification, amendment or waiver is to be asserted. The parties agree that any term or condition stated in Your purchase order or in any other of Your order documentation (excluding Order Forms) is void. In the event of any conflict or inconsistency among the following documents, the order of precedence shall be: (1) the applicable Order Form, (2) this Agreement, and (3) the Documentation.
14.4. Assignment. Neither party may assign any of its rights or obligations hereunder, whether by operation of law or otherwise, without the other party’s prior written consent (not to be unreasonably withheld); provided, however, either party may assign this Agreement in its entirety (including all Order Forms), without the other party’s consent to its Affiliate or in connection with a merger, acquisition, corporate reorganization, or sale of all or substantially all of its assets. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if a party is acquired by, sells substantially all of its assets to, or undergoes a change of control in favor of, a direct competitor of the other party, then such other party may terminate this Agreement upon written notice. In the event of such a termination, We will refund to You any prepaid fees covering the remainder of the term of all subscriptions. Subject to the foregoing, this Agreement will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties, their respective successors and permitted assigns.
14.5. Relationship of the Parties. The parties are independent contractors. This Agreement does not create a partnership, franchise, joint venture, agency, fiduciary or employment relationship between the parties.
14.6. Third-Party Beneficiaries. Our licensors shall have the benefit of Our rights and protections hereunder with respect to the applicable licensed technology. There are no other third-party beneficiaries under this Agreement.
14.7. Waiver. No failure or delay by either party in exercising any right under this Agreement will constitute a waiver of that right.
14.8. Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be contrary to law, the provision will be deemed null and void, and the remaining provisions of this Agreement will remain in effect.
14.9. Attorney Fees. You will pay on demand all of Our reasonable attorney fees and other costs incurred by Us to collect any fees or charges due Us under this Agreement following Your breach of Section 6.2 (Invoicing and Payment).
14.10. Publicity. Without the prior express written consent of the other party, which consent shall not be unreasonably withheld, a party shall not originate any publicity, news release, technical article, advertising or other announcement, written or oral, whether to the public press or otherwise (each, an “Announcement”), relating to performance under this Agreement or the existence of this Agreement, except where required by law and accept that We may publicly announce and otherwise identify (including on Our website) You as being Our customer. If required by law to make any Announcement, a party shall always (a) consult with the other party in connection with such Announcement a reasonable time prior to its release to allow such other party to comment thereon and to prevent its release if so permitted by law; and (b) promptly provide the other party with a copy of the released Announcement and all materials relating thereto.